Sunshine Cottage School for Deaf Children / Job Description
Job Title: Human Resources Director
Position Status: Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
Completed by: Human Resources
Last Updated: March 15, 2021
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Execute annual open enrollment for all employees to include benefits orientation, worksheets and data entry both internally and online with vendors.
- Maintain internal plan documents for all insurance plans; leave records and personnel files.
- Maintain employee records of all benefit actions and track employee benefits with regard to eligibility for benefits.
- Respond to all employee issues, concerns and complaints associated with work ethic, job performance, attendance and personal issues.
- Provide exemplary staffing for all positions through applicant interviews, networking and referrals.
- Secure background checks, reference checks and necessary credentials prior to job offer.
- Safety and Workman’s Compensation
- Ensure facility safety / maintenance procedures are in compliance.
- Document and process all work related injuries through insurance carrier, monitor effectively.
Policies and Procedures
- Review, revise and ensure all policies and procedures are maintained and compliant with state and federal regulations.
- Update Employee Handbook as needed and communicate to staff.
- Provide guidance in evaluating job descriptions to ensure effective job titles and compensation.
- Research similar job markets every three years to remain current with overall compensation.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Teacher Substitutes
- To perform this job successfully, individual is responsible for the management and daily operation of all benefits and employee relations functions. This position requires a high degree of confidentiality and independent judgment.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- College Degree
- Five or more years of Human Resource experience and/or, training required
- Strong computer and internet research skills required
- Language Skills
- Bilingual (Spanish preferred)
- Ability to effectively present school related information and employee policies and procedures.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interests and percentages.
- Ability to make sound judgments relative to employee relations and benefit inquiries.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- Human Resource certification, preferred
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; hear with or without aid, and have good vision. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 0-20 lbs.
If interested, please email your resume to [email protected]. Position will be open until filled.