Sunshine Cottage School for Deaf Children / Job Description
Job Title: Coordinator- Development/Grants
Position Status: Exempt
Completed By: Human Resources
Last Updated: January 4, 2022
The Coordinator of Development/Grants provides direct support to the Development Director in raising the target funds for the department through grants, special events, sponsorship applications, and campaigns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Grant Writing and Sponsorship Requests:
- conduct the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources
- perform research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants
- work with the Development Director and other program directors to gather information necessary for proposals
- support the Development Director on mid-year and final reports to corporate/foundation funders regarding current grant programs
- comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors
- maintain current records in the gift management database and in paper files, if necessary, including grant tracking and reporting
- attend mandatory meetings from funders as required for submitting proposals
- train on Blackbaud RE NXT and become proficient on the database to provide reports, trends, mailing lists, and other queries as necessary
- assist the Development Assistant in entering data into Raiser’s Edge NXT, including providing information regarding grants to update records
- support the department in all aspects of all special events
- create and track fundraising events using RE NXT or other special event databases
- support all social media efforts for the school and special events
- create all landing and merchant pages for all special events
- coordinate donor and staff appreciation events, as applicable
- help the Development Assistant maintain the donor and prospect database
- prepare reports to forecast prospects for special events and appeals
- support the maintenance of the donor database to include accurate contacts and updates (donors, prospects, alumni, parents, students, new/current/former board members, new/current/former employees, medical professionals, community members including organizations, foundations corporations, government, media, etc.)
- help the Development Assistant to develop and maintain queries and reports to include create new queries, gift reports, segmental reports, statistical analysis, mailing lists for events, direct mail, annual appeals, newsletter mailing and donor recognition events
- support the Development Assistant acknowledging all gifts in a timely manner to include all memorial, honorary, gifts in kind, stock shares, bonds, estate gifts, credit card gifts, on-line gifts, etc.
Recurring Gift Campaign:
- maintain the processes and procedures of the recurring gift campaign
- maintain a calendar for all recurring donors including reengagement, request for increase, etc.
- find ways to increase the number of recurring donors
- ensure new participants are acknowledged and recognized for their gift
- maintain the newsletter section for recurring gift donors
- help design new marketing products for the department
- contribute to quarterly newsletter
- other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have a good disposition, be prompt and reliable.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum High School Diploma or GED
Preferred Bachelors in a related field with training and experience in non-profit, development, fundraising, and office administrative management, highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite, database management, design databases, social media, and merchant databases.
Experience in a nonprofit environment with demonstrated progression of responsibility, utilizing skills noted above.
Must have good enunciation and communicate effectively with both teachers and students alike.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; hear and have good vision. The Employee must regularly lift and/or move 0 – 20 lbs.
If interested, please go to www.sunshinecottage.org and download our application. If unable, please email [email protected] or call (210)824-0579 ext. 123 to express your interest.